Monday, August 16, 2010

Well I went out and about last night to shop for appliances. I know that sounds crazy, but everything is closed form 2pm until 8pm during the day. The city comes back to life after sunset. You would not believe the amount of people in the malls at 10 and 11 pm. I was so tired but I did manage to narrow my search down and pick all of them out. Lance and I are going to go tomorrow to purchase them all and have them delivered. We ran out to the villa today to check on things. You are not going to believe this...no electricity and no water. I could scream. The only solution to it all is that maybe they turned the electricity off because they are working on the A/C, but I have no idea why no water. The villa was cleaned last week and they used water and electricity to do so. At least the villa looks better now and isn't a filthy mess.
Tomorrow is Evelyn's orientation for school. We will meet her teacher and hopefully some classmates. I was told she doesn't need any school supplies, they provide everything.
Today I also brought the girls to an indoor playground at Marina Mall. It is so huge. Imagine the playground at McDonalds but way way bigger. About 5 levels high with 4 big slides. It was really great. Plus no one was there, we had the whole thing to ourselves. Those kinds of things are on Ramadan hours as well, it closed at 1pm. It cost to play as well, AED 20 each girl, about $6.00 US each.

No comments:

Post a Comment