Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sorry I am a few days behind. Let's see...Sunday, I worked endlessly to get the water turned on in our villa and still no go. Apparently the water pump in broken and the service company is negotiating with the owner on how to fix it and who is going to pay for it. That is the short version of what is going on. Our relator is working on this for us as well and has been sending out several "nasty" emails to the owner and service company about the inconveniences that they are causing us. We have been going back and forth with the service company for the past 2+ weeks now and NOTHING has been done. On top of our water not turned on, the main AC doesn't seem to be working well, some of the lights don't work, and I discovered an electrical wire sticking out of the ground in front of our garage door (not safe). Just pray that all gets taken care of before our shipment arrives at the end of the month. Now that Lance will get his residency soon, we are going to send for our air shipment.
Monday-I went to Carrefour, like walmart, and stocked up on groceries since Ramadan starts this week. During Ramadan there is no eatting or drinking in public during daylight hours. It is the law. Therefore, I will be doing a lot of cooking. I really liked Carrefour and can see myself shopping there regularly. Also, Lance learned about a tailor that can make custom suits for you and you pick out the material. Lance is wearing a suit/sports coat almost everyday to meetings and he only has two. He definately needs more suits, so this weekend we are going to that tailor to have some made for him.
Tuesday-Lance has two meetings in Dubai, so the girls and I went along for the ride. We dropped Lance off with a co-worker and the girls and I headed out to Dubai Mall. We had a wonderful time. The mall is the largest in the middle east and it was wonderful. They have a large aquairum inside and we went to see that along with the aquarium zoo. I bought a cell phone yesterday and now have a working phone with a Abu Dhabi number. Lance is stuggling on what to do about his phone since blackberries are going to be done away with in October. Many retailers suspect it will not happen and they are still selling blackberries. Adjacent to the mall is the largest building in the world the Burj Khalifa. We watched the musical fountains as well. You can see pics of both on facebook. Great day!!
Tomorrow Evelyn goes to her evaluation at school. That is going to be a great thing, to finally get registered and involved in school. I am sorry I haven't posted any pics lately, I tried the other day, but I think I was trying to upload too much and the computer couldn't handle it. I will try again soon.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome that Lance is getting custom suits!! I suspect he will love them.

    ReplyDelete