Thursday, August 12, 2010

Evelyn had her evaluation at school today. I think the main thing they are looking for is to make sure she seperates from us OK. In that case we should be a in. She went to her classroom with all of her classmates for one hour and I think they tested her on ABC's etc. We are waiting now for an email saying if we got in or if we are on the waitlist. Our finger's are crossed. I met 3 other moms while waiting and we exchanged numbers, etc. We are living parallel lives: just moved to Abu Dhabi, trying to get into the school, trying to set up our houses, etc. There are so many facinating people out there, one womas was Italian and just moved her from Rome.
Yesterday evening I got a call from the service company and the team leader from maintenance wanted to speak to me. Lance, I, and the girls ran out to Golf Gardens and met him at our villa to go over all of the maintenance issues we were haveing. He assured me that our water would be turned on today. The water pump motor is broken and they are going to put a temporary one there while the original is in the shop. We are going this afternoon to check it out. Also, the mysterious electrical cord sticking up from the ground infront of our villa was for when the villa was constructied. He said it is no longer a hot wire and it will be removed.
Tomorrow we are invited to an Iftar dinner at one of Lance's co-worker's family homes. This will be the most interesting event so far. I can not wait to experience that. I am nervous about what to wear. I think I will wear one of my long dresses with a cardigan to cover my shoulders.

1 comment:

  1. I imagine that was a good choice on the outfit! So happy to hear that you are already meeting people you have things in common with as well as many things not in common!

    ReplyDelete