Sunday, August 29, 2010

We had a very nice weekend. We spent Friday evening in Dubai doing some shopping for our house. We found some things at Crate and Barrel that we liked. Our sea shipment arrived at the port last week and we were told today that we are going to receive it on Wednesday. The workers are going to work to unload the container on Wednesday and then they will unpack everything and take away the boxes etc. on Thursday. I don't know how they are going to get it all done in those two days because they are working reduced hours due to Ramadan. We shall see. These two dates work out great for us, because the are right before the weekend, so we then have Friday and Saturday to work in the house and get things sorted out. We are considering hiring some workers from an agency to come and help us a couple of days next week to clear and get things in order.

Amanda, I hope you are reading this. I thought about you this weekend. I got some new clothes at H&M. I can see you in that store...that prices are so reasonable.

I also found some curtains that I liked at Crate and Barrel, but of course they were sold out. They are getting the new fall line in and we are going to check back soon to see if they have something similar that we like. Curtains or window treatments has been one of our focuses. I am trying to find as much ready made things as I can instead of having every window custom made. Our windows are quite tall though and it is making it challenging to find the right ones that will fit. Everyone is obsessed with complete blackout curtains, but I don't mind a little light shining through. Completely dark is so depressing. Of course we would like to blackout in our bedroom.

Camille is such a doll. She is saying more and more everyday. This weekend she said Ball and Baby. Last night she said PaPa so clearly on skype. She knows completely what you are saying and makes grunts to try to communicate her needs, but she is finding new words and sounds everyday. She continues to walk more and sometimes pushes my hand away to not hold hers. She wants to do it all by herself. She is so funny...in some of the stores they have prayers playing over the loud speaker continuously (so annoying) so it sounds like Arabic chant....anyways, she is chanting right along with the prayers. Too funny! I wished you could hear her.

Evelyn loves her school and can not wait to go everyday. She has a little friend named Anna that they seem to be inseparable. She also likes a boy named Jeebu, that she says is from Paris. Show and Tell is every Thursday and she can not wait to bring her new Hello Kitty Hair Clips to show and tell. Due to some kids in the school have severe allergies to nuts, we can not sent peanut butter sandwiches to school at all. That is a major bummer for Evelyn, because that is the only kind of sandwich she likes. I have to get creative with her lunches...last week I sent pasta and chicken. The container came home empty, I think she likes it. They also sell warm lunches at school, but I don't know if she would like all that they serve.

All is well here in Abu Dhabi. By the end of the week we will finally be in our house. YEAH!!! Imagine we sent our shipment the first week of July. We have lived out of suitcases ever since. I think I have forgotten all that is in our shipment. It is going to be like Christmas opening all the boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment