Monday, November 22, 2010

The past weekend was really plesent. We got up, got ready and went to church Friday morning, but when we arrived we found out that they were not having that mass on that day. The next mass was an hour later and was in Philipino language. I guess we got an A for effert. We then headed to Dubai to go check out the Dubai Garden Center. We stopped at a small mall for lunch and ended up staying there all day. We didn't make it to the garden center, but I did buy my Christmas tree. Yeah, we will be putting it up later this week. Saturday we relaxed at home. I pulled out all of the girl's winter clothes and washed them. It took me two days to get them all clean. So today I cleaned Camille's closet and took out all of the clothes she out grew etc etc.

There are a lot of kids Evelyn's age in the hood and now that the weather is nice they are all playing in the street in the evening. This is so great. I am so glad that Evelyn has made so many friends and they all can play together. I am liking were we chose to live more and more each day. I think I am even getting used to the drive into the city.

We are so excitted to come in for the holidays and we are counting down the days until we come...24 from today.

We don't have any big plans for Thanksgiving. I am going to cook a small feast for us on the big turkey day. Also this week, Abu Dhabi is having a Date Palm Festival that I plan to go check out as well as another craft Bazaar on Friday. Well that is what is going on over here pretty much.

I would like to request all of my friends and family to please pray for Lance's grandfather AKA: Grumps. He had open heart surgery 2 weeks ago and last week had a set back that sent him back to surgery as well as ICU. We are thinking about him and our family every day. He is doing better now, and we hope that every day gets better and better for him. We love you Grumps.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT IN ABU DHABI: Last week I bought some pants at a store that were a little too long. No problem they said, they have a seamstress that can take them up for you. Apparently this is a common thing, when you go to a store if the clothes don't fit right, they can alter them for you. Talk about service.

No comments:

Post a Comment