Wednesday, December 15, 2010

We are getting ready....

Let's see...where to began. This past weekend was pretty good except I got Evelyn's stomach virus. Yuck. So I was a little slow getting moving on Friday. Infact we all hung out and relaxed most of the day. In the evening, though we left and went into the city for supper and to look at the lights at night. I feels like Christmas with all of the lights here, even thought they do not celebrate it. The city is full of lights from the National Day.

Saturday we went to the school for Breakfast with Santa. Evelyn had a great time playng with all of her friends on the playground. Ofcourse our first thing on the aggenda was to see the big guy himself. Evelyn was great. She told him exactly what she wanted for Christmas and that she was going to be in Texas. Camille...well...she screamed. She was even shaking, she was so scared. Poor thing. The girls got a picture with Santa and then we all got together and took a family photo with Santa. Camille is crying in both...well it is what it is. After breakfast with Santa we went to my dear friend's appartment (Kim). They have not been in the appartment for long because they have been trying to sort out maintenance problems since August. Well it was well worth the wait. I think they most have the best view in the entire city. It is a lovely appartment and we hung out there the rest of the day visiting with good friends. Not to mention eating some great chinese food.

Sunday, Evelyn woke up with a cold and a cough so I kept her home from school. As well as Monday. Well, I was on my way to bring Evelyn to school on Monday when she just coughed and coughed all the way, so I did not bring her. Instead the girls and I went to the corniche and had a breakfast picnic by the water. It was so nice. Then we did a little shopping and headed home for rest and relaxation. Monday night Evelyn took a nice warm shower, rubbed down with vicks, and some cold medicine...the next morning she was a new person.

Sunday night was Lance's company Holiday party. We had a lovely time. I really enjoyed meeting everyone, their spouces, and children. We are so lucky that Lance works with such a nice group of people, they treat us like family. The food was excellent and I made the table decorations. Everything turned out great.

Tuesday Camille woke with the same cold and running a fever. I took her to the pedi and he told me to do exactly what I was doing...tylenol and saline nasal spray. Today she is doing much better. I think everyone is going to be OK by the time we fly out. OH, Lance has the cold too.

The rest of the time this week I have been getting things ready for us to leave. Someone is coming to our house to take care of Ruffles and Fraizer...I hope they are going to be OK. I have been packing suitcases and getting the house in order. The hole in our backyard was finially filled back up yesterday after 3 weeks. So far it appears the work they did was successful. Evelyn had a field trip yesterday to the Heritage Village and they had a great time. I didn't go because I am going to leave Camille with a babysitter today so I can stay with Evelyn at school for her party and activities.

We have lots of great things planned for today for Evelyn's Holiday party. We are going to decorate a giant gingerbread house with candy (I made the house out of cardboard), make reindeer candycanes, and decorated gingerbread men. The eveyone is bringing a pot luck dish specific to their herritage at the end of the day. I was planning on bringing meatballs, but when I started to cook them last night, they just fell apart. It turned into one giant meatball. OK...plan B...going to the deli this Am and getting something from there to bring.

We are ready to head home for the Holidays...."I'll be home for Christmas"... Just pray that Chicago weather cooraporates, that we can get in and get out. Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment