Friday, December 10, 2010

ONE MORE WEEK

That is right just one week away and we will be on our way to see all of you. We just can not wait.

Thursday, Lance had a board meeting that he has been preparing for for about a month now. I am very proud to say that it went very well. In fact the CEO told me last night how impressed he was with Lance's speaking skills. He didn't have to tell me that. The board was pleased with Lance and his vision of what to do next year with the company. Lance is very happy and now can relax that it is behind him. Now he can concentrate on coming home for the holidays.

Last night Lance and I attended the Almonsori 33 years anniversary party. You see Almonsori and Nalco (who Lance works for) combine in a joint venture to form Emmochem, the company Lance works with in Abu Dhabi. It was a very interesting party to say the least. It was set outside along the water which was beautiful. Everyone and I mean everyone who works for almonsori was there. First they served dinner buffet style and then dessert the same. Then the CEO of the company started the show. Boy was it ever a show. Of course they handed out rewards for the employee of the year, etc. But that wasn't all. Throughout the evening employees of almonsori would but on various performances for the audience. Apparently, that is what is custom for this company, the employees put on a talent show and at the end of the night everyone votes on the best act. I will have to say that Lance and I did enjoy one of the acts, the CEO of the company (who is from Yemen), the owner of the company Mr. Almonsori himself (emiratie), and a coon ass from Louisiana sang "Down on the Bayou". I promise, I am not lying. The suprising part was the emiratie knew all of the words. Too funny. This party did give me the chance to meet some very important and not to mention very wealth people. I was glad to put a face to the names of people when Lance talks about them. Altogether, we had a very entertaining night.

1 comment:

  1. Glad Lance can focus on the holidays now. The party sounds fun Nancy. That could be a good idea to do a company talent show. Thanks for sharing! See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete