Sunday, October 3, 2010

Yesterday was a blast. We headed out for Dubai and went to a place called Dragon Mart. It is basically Harwin Street in a mall. The main reason why we went is to look for draped. There are shops that you can pick out your fabric, tell them your window size, and in an hour or few come back and the drapes are made. For a fraction of the cost of custom made drapes. We found some material that we liked for the 4 windows in our living room, but they did not have enough material. We did however, have Evelyn's drapes made. We will definitely be back.

Today I had a very very busy day. Started the day out at the Gulf Diagnostic Center getting and ultrasound of my abdomen. Good news, no gallbladder problems. It appears my stomach problems was merely a bug. I am thankful to God for that. Next I went to exchange an alarm clock that was not working after purchasing it on Thursday of last week. Then the delivery guy called me and said he was going to be at my house in 10 minutes to deliver our patio furniture. I was at least 30 minutes away from home at this point. I called my neighbor and she signs for my patio furniture and they put it in the garage. Then I went to another mall to get some things for the house....Home Center and Ikea. After I finished in those two stores I had one hour until I needed to go pick up Evelyn. (remember Camille is with me this whole time) I decided to go to the supermarket in the same mall and get a few grocery items. When I went to check out from that store, I realized my wallet was missing. I searched everywhere and spoke with all of the security people. The last time I saw my wallet was when I entered the supermarket, I had to get out a Durham to pay for the buggy. The security of the supermarket reviewed the tapes and did not see anything. I can only believe that someone must have taken my wallet out of my purse while I was in the store. You see, the buggies do not have seat belts, so I push Camille in her stroller while I pull the buggy. My purse was hanging from the handle of the stroller right in front of me. If I stepped away from the stroller for a second, I guess someone could have taken it. I searched for a long time and spoke with several people before I gave up the search. In the mean time, Lance called and cancelled all of my cards and someone had already purchased a cell phone with one. It must had been stolen. Believe it or not this is claimed to be a rare thing here. Most people are very honest, plus if they were ever caught stealing the consequences would be way worse. I don't came much about the money lost in my wallet, it is my driver's license that took me a day to get and all of my cards that have to be replaced. Things do not happen quickly here!!!! I am really going to have to dig deep to find some patience. Luckily one of my friends picked Evelyn up from school for me. Well that was today, and tomorrow is a new day. I can't keep beating myself up over this, I just need to move on.

Melinda and Dennis arrived tonight. Everything went well for their flights. They were not that impressed with some of the food, but most people aren't. They are tired and are getting ready for bed which is a good thing. If they can sleep, that would be great. We are thankful to God that they arrived here safely and we are excited to see them.

WHAT'S DIFFERENT IN ABU DHABI: It is very common to see women with their hair covered. The local women wear all black....a dress that covers their entire arms and almost drags on the ground...they also have a black cover over their hair and some even cover their face...occasionally some with even wear black gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment