Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Last night while Lance was walking the dogs in the park, Fraiser ran into a bush after cats. He ended up getting B***H slapped by a cat. He ended up with a small scrape above his left eye and a cut on his left ear. Ruffles just crouched down into a ball and cried like a baby. The stay cats here don't back down like the ones at home. The fight back and do not run away. I don't think he learned his lesson...my guess is he would do it all over again.

Our 40 foot container of our belongings showed up today. The group of Indians (about 8 of them) emptied the truck in just a couple of hours. They even began unwrapping some of the furniture before the day was over with. All of our living room furniture and master bedroom furniture is put together. My only complaint is the workers stink. Don't they know how to use deoderate? I bought them lunch, which is a difficutly thing to do because of Ramadan. Nothing take out is open. I had to go to the grocery store and get some things from the deli. They ate is all, so I guess they liked it. Before our truck arrived the workers were their waiting and I spoke with them for a while. Only one of them has a child, 8 year old son, he only gets to see him every 2 years for 2 months at a time. Can you imagine that? So sad. That is the price some of the workers have to pay here. They think it is all worth it because they are making a great living compaired to what they would make in their own country. So sad.

We are excitted to see our things after 2 months. Evelyn especially was excitted to get her pony stuff. Tomorrow the workers will come back and finish emptying all of the boxes and putting all of the furniture together.

Lance has a company Iftar to go to tonight in Dubai so it is just the girls and I for supper. I decided to give myself a break and order room service. I plan to take it easy tonight and rest up for another day of unpacking tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment