Thursday, September 2, 2010

I forgot to mention something very funny yesterday...When I was out getting lunch, Lance walked into our guest room and found the Pakistani truck driver taking a nap on the floor. I assume he is Muslim and was fasting during the day, which means he is up all night eating, which means he probably sleeps all day. Too funny..

I will say this the packers on this end were way better and way more careful with our stuff than on the US end. They took very good care of our things today while they unpacked everything. All of the furniture is put together and all of the boxes are emptied. Everything that was in boxes is layed out on surfaces. All we have to do now is find homes for everything. Only one thing got broken out of the entire 40 foot container and 273 boxes...a small green pitcher that I bought for our new home in AD. I was the one that packed that box, so it was completely my fault. But that wasn't the drama of the day. As we were unpacking all of the kitchen stuff, I put dishes, cups, etc. in the dishwasher to wash. After the guys finished and were outside putting the empty boxes in the truck, I realized I was missing all of my dinner plates and some of my bowls. 12 plates and 7 bowls to be exact. They started going through all the boxes to make sure we did not mistakenly not unpack those things. All of the boxes did arrive and were all accounted for...you see as each item or box left the container one guy was marking off the corresponding number to it's sticker on the roster. The only solution to this problem is the idiots on Katy put my dishes in the storage container. So all 12 of my dinner plates must be safe in a warehouse in Houston. We later discovered that Evelyn's shaggy rug must have been placed in storage as well. The Indians here understand English better than the Mexicans over there. IDIOTS!!!!! I was about the blow my gasket... So now I have a lovely partial Mikasa dinner set.

Oh everyone can imagine this...Lance began to put the TV and DVD player together this morning. While he was doing this the guys started on Evelyn's bed. Her bed is so old it doesn't fit today's standard mattress, so we have to extend it with 2X4s and screw it all together. We do not have a drill and neither did the workers so I left to go to the store to get the appropriate tools to assemble the bed. Lance still working on the TV. I returned from the store. Lance still working on the TV. The bed is assembled. Lance still working on the TV. The movers finished their job. Still no TV!! LOL.... Well there is always tomorrow. I think Lance called the cable guy to come and give him a hand. Finger's crossed.

We went to the school tonight for a newcomer's dinner. We had a lovely time. We didn't meet anyone new, but did talk with everyone we already knew. ACS has so many activities for the kids and the community. We are so excited to be at this school.

After the dinner at school, we stopped by the BMW place to take a looksy at Lance's new car. It is a sweet ride as he would say. I am so excited for him. He definitely deserves to drive whatever he wants. We are supposed to get it sometime during the first part of next week.

Saturday is our last day in the Hilton Baynunah. This place has been good to us. Housekeeping everyday...room service if needed. Well, I may loose internet connection for a while because we don't have it set up in our villa yet and it could take a while. Nothing happens fast here. Just stay tuned and I'll get back just as soon as I can.

Tomorrow starts the weekend and we will be at our house all weekend getting things settled. Hugs and Kisses to you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment