Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Birthday

Thank you everyone for all of the wonderful birthday wishes. It made my day to see how many people wished me a happy birthday. Unfortunately, Lance was out of town on my birthday for work, but he returned the next day. Just as well because if any of you know me I don't just celebrate my birthday on that day, but I like to drag it on for the entire week. LOL. I spent Thursday evening with some good friends at the "Tips and Toes" spa. We all got manicures, pedicures, and head and neck massages. It was just what I was needing. We had a great evening.

The weather here in Abu Dhabi has been wonderful. I have described it to be like tropical paradise. All weekend we turned off the A/C and openned the windows. Being from the south, we have never done that before, but it was really refreshing and relaxing. We headed to Dubai on Friday evening for a little shopping at our favorite stops and hopes to check out the Dubai Shopping Festival Fireworks, but we didn't make it. Saturday, we hung out around the house and did our weekly grocery shopping. It was a nice day. Lance is out of town this week for work. (which is pretty common for this time of year) I will miss him.

I recieved a letter from Honda a month back stating that I needed to get a software upgrade to my van for a "lock-up clutch" problem. Basically my van has some slight vibration when I get around 60 miles per hour. It feels like it is missing. So I made an appointment to bring it in tomorrow. This should be interesting. I have heard that simple repairs can take a long time, over days. That is why I planned it this week, so I can drive Lance's car while mine is in the shop. First obstical is to find the repair shop. It is in the Mussafah area which is like an idustrial area. Second is being able to communicate with the repair man what exactly needs to be done. Then I will have to leave my van there ofcourse and get a taxi back to the house to get Lance's car. It should be an interesting day tomorrow. Oh by the way, Camille will be my side kick through all of this. Sounds fun!!! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment