Saturday, February 19, 2011

January and February 2010




Well this is a mix of various thing we have done over the past two months. Including: walking the Yas Marina Circuit where the Formula 1 Race takes place, girls at the park, Evelyn at school, and what we did this weekend. Friday morning, we joined a huge crowd to walk for cancer research, the Fox Trot. It was a 10K walk along the corniche (beach walkway). We had a great time. It felt so good to do that long walk and I wished I had time to do that more often. After the walk we enjoyed a lunch at a cafe on the beach and some ice cream. We then headed home because we were all totally exhausted and all took a nice nap with the windows wide open and the beautiful breeze flowing through our villa. Friday was a great day. I have to mention also on Thursday night some great friends came over and brought chinese food. We enjoyed their company and the kids played. We ended the night with a very typical American thing...watching American Idol. Our friend's cable service doesn't have that channel so they have been missing out. Someone else has been coming around, Lulu the cat (Evelyn named her and Camille can say it so cute) That cat that wondered into our house a week or so ago has come back. She is very friendly and really nice to the girls. I like her, but not in the house. We cleaned one of the dog crates and made a nice bed for her in the garage and gave her some food. She doesn't stay all day, but always comes around at night for food. My neighbor informed me that she thinks Lulu is pregnant. OH boy, that is all we need. Once Evelyn heard that Lulu was going to have babies...well she is so excitted. I already have a litter to take care of inside the house, how am I going to take care of a litter outside. My plan is if she keeps hanging around then I will contact Strays of Abu Dhabi and see what I should do. I have such a love for animals I just can't bear to see this sweet little cat go unfed. If she wants to claim our garage her home then that is Ok with me. It is so cute how Camille says Lulu and she asks at least 10 times a day to go outside and check on Lulu. She points at the door and says "lululululululul". So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment